Canada’s educational expenditure is among one of the highest in the world and is significantly ahead of Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) average. It has the highest rate of post-secondary educational attainment in the world. Tuition fees are also relatively affordable compared to those of other developed countries.
To come to Canada to study, you generally need to apply for a study permit.
Eligibility to study in Canada
- Obtain a Letter of Acceptance from a designated learning institution in Canada
- Show proof of funds for:
- Tuition fee
- Living expenses for yourself and any accompanying family members
- Return transportation for yourself and any accompanying family members
- Submit a police certificate with no criminal record
- Complete a medical examination, if necessary
- Satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay