Skilled workers applying for immigration through Newfoundland and Labrador, may also choose to apply under the Express Entry Skilled Worker category. Newfoundland and Labrador can nominate applicants who are applying for permanent residency under one of three categories.
- Skilled Worker
- International Graduate
- Express Entry Skilled worker
The Express Entry Skilled Worker application consists of a two-step process:
- Applicants must be accepted into the Express Entry pool. To confirm registration in the Express Entry pool, applicants are required to provide their Express Entry Profile Number.
- Applicants must have a high-skilled job or job offer from a NL employer based on the National Occupational Code (NOC 0,A,B).
- Be accepted into the EE pool;
- Score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 on the NLPNP point assessment grid
- Have a full-time job offer from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer that has compensation in the form of a salary and benefits package that meets Provincial Government employment standards and prevailing wage rates, and does not contravene existing bargaining unit agreements or interfere with a labour dispute;
- Have an Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Work Permit or be entitled to apply for one;
- Have a Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma, or an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)
- Can demonstrate the intention and ability to settle permanently in Newfoundland and Labrador and can demonstrate with proof that they have sufficient settlement funds or financial resources to successfully establish themselves and any dependents in Newfoundland and Labrador; and,
- Can provide language test results that meet EE minimum requirements.